Startup 2.0 is a European non-profit startup contest. Held for the first time in 2007, this competition aims to to promote and reward European technologies startups (either created or willing to do so in the future).
2012 On Gaming!!
Startup 2.0 2012 focuses on Gaming to give fledging game developers the opportunity to participate in this Contest.
The 5 best projects will present their game at the 4th edition of Nonick, the International Conference on Internet Trends, held in Bilbao on June the 15th and 16th.
- SUBMIT YOUR GAME from May 14th to 30th.
- Facebook users vote for the best 20 games from May 14th to 30th.
- Communication of the 5 finalists selected by the Jury.On June 8thth.
- The 5 finalists present their project in Nonick Conference on June 15th.
-Any startup company (not older than 2008) or individual person from a European country (widely considered, as in the Eurovision song contest) having developed a GAME.
-Individuals and companies can submit as many projects as they wish.
-Anonymous projects will not be accepted, nor projects in development.
- Serious games: education, scientific, city planning…
- Social games
- Entertainment games: sports, action, strategy, adventure, role-playing…
- Simulation and training
- Display devices:
- Online platforms
**Twitter is not a game, it does not reward users.
**Foursquare is a game, it does reward users with badges and mayorships.
Last year, more than 2,000 investors and specialists followed the online streaming and 250 took place in Nonick while the projects were being showed.
Since the first edition in 2007, different startups have been financed or acquired as a result of this contest : Sclipo, 5min, Nvivo, 11870 , Panoramio or Bubok are some of the successful cases.
ArcticStartup will offer to the winning team 2 free tickets for Arctic15, the annual conference for Nordic and Baltic growth entrepreneurs that will be held in Helsinki in October 17th and 18th. It includes a startup competition 🙂
The 5 finalists will receive a 60% discount on tickets to The Next Conference in Amsterdam 2013.
Microsoft Bizspark Spain will reward one of the developers with a Nokia Lumia 800. To be eligible for this prize, game must be a native application of Windows Phone, a Metro app of Windows 8 or with its backend is hosted in Windows Azure made by Spanish developers. 🙂
Beaz, the Regional Innovation Agency, will rewrad one of the participants with a special prize consisting of financial support for investment, business plan advice and logistic help for its office establishment in the county of Bizkaia.
Just click HERE and fill in the form.
- All submitted projects are reviewed by the advisory board and later voted in the Startup 2.0 Facebook page until from May 14th to 30th.
- Among the 20 most voted projects on Facebook, an expert Jury selects the 5 finalists.
- Nonick audience (investors, specialists and game developers from all over the world) select the winner.
The jury is formed by 10 VCs and game experts from all over Europe. Their decisions are taken by majority of votes and based on:
- Business sense and growth expectations.
- Degree of competition in their market.
- Quality of the presentation and, in its case, the video sent to the contest.
Help for the presentation
Of course. If you need any assistance to present your project to the audience, we will give you all instructions and even some lessons the day before.
You will have 5 minutes., like the rest of the finalists. A multimedia document will be needed for your show.
Nonick 2012 as a guest
The final is part of Nonick Conference. If you are not among the 5 finalists of Startup 2.0 2012, you can buy one of the tickets.